Saturday, July 9, 2016

Dallas, Baghdad, Orlando...


Dallas, Baghdad, Orlando…

I have seen all the news, and have kept quiet vigil, trying to decide how to respond.

The work of peace is often solitary and not lauded, but there are moments when its voice must be heard.

I hope I can do it justice.

Condemnation, fury, resentment, revenge, fear… they rule in abundance. And they are powerful tools of division.

And if those must rule in you, I encourage you to let them. Feel the emotions. Let them have their outlet.

But ONLY in your mind.

And ONLY for a while. Give them a time limit. Half an hour. Half a day. Whatever.

And once the time limit is up, put a big bracket around them.

Take a deep breath.

Let it out.

And do it over and again, until you can find some measure of calm and stillness, in mind and in body.

Now, imagine a light so brilliant, so pure, so powerful, so loving, so wise…right in the very centre of your being beginning to grow and expand until it fills every atom of your being. Your physical body is filled with it. Your every thought. Your every emotion. Your very core vibrates with this light. It is the only force in action in your body right now. It sweeps over and dominates all other thought, feeling, emotion (especially the ones you put in those big brackets!)

…And with it, you know that everything is all right. You are safe. You are protected. You are infinitely loved. You are at peace.

If you can’t do this for yourself, then it’ll be tougher to do it for another.

Now comes the hard part…

That person that you want to condemn for carrying out those terrible acts?

He’s your brother.

Do you believe that the God-of-your-choosing looks at YOUR not-so-favourable actions and says, “That’s it, I’m done with you! I’m so fed up with you inability to get this whole love thing, that I’m going to seek my revenge and do away with you?”

It that is your God, then please stop reading here. My next words will probably only frustrate you. Also feel free to unfriend me or block me. I won’t be offended... :-)

But if you want to lift the world, you must begin by lifting yourself.

You must master your self.

That means: observing all events, but not judging them. Allowing the anger and fear to express, but not dominate. Looking at the person you want to blame, and doing the following:

That same light that dominates in you, you now witness rising in them.

They have it too. It is in every single one of God’s creations.

You may only see it as a flicker in the darkness, but that’s OK. It’s still there.

You are now going to breathe life into that ember, blowing softly, insistently, gently… you watch it grow into that same powerful light that you feel in yourself. That light continues to expand until it fully dominates THEIR very being, THEIR every thought, THEIR every emotion.

That light fills them so completely that it directs their thoughts. It directs their actions. They can’t help but act in consequence.

Just as you can’t help acting in consequence either.

Because from this state of consciousness, any action that you take is powered by infinity.

If you can’t imagine this “despicable” person capable of change, then perhaps your work in releasing your judgments isn’t finished…. I’m not judging, just saying! :-D lol

If we can't see them capable of change, “they”, or others like them, will remain in our collective reality.

I don’t know the answers to every conflict in this world. I can’t control what is happening outside of me.

But you can bet I can control what is happening inside of me, how I choose to see the world, how I choose to use my energies.

And I am choosing love over fear.

Blessings,
Mony <3

‪#‎consciousness‬ ‪#‎love‬ ‪#‎peace‬ ‪#‎itbeginswithme‬ ‪#‎oneness‬ ‪#‎thereisnoother‬ ‪#‎light‬

No comments:

Post a Comment