Sunday, June 5, 2016

Power of a Smile :-D

For your reading pleasre, a funny story from yesterday's Prose in the Park...

There I was, one more author in a park filled with over a hundred such authors, and this woman approaches me with a huge smile of recognition on her face.

I don't know about you, but I dread those moments, when someone knows you and you have no idea who they are! lol

Right away, she says to me, "So, do you recognize your face in the program?"

I explained that I wasn't a speaker in this year's program, but that I'm looking forward to it, perhaps next year. Shaking her head, she says, "No, on the cover."

She pulls out the program and points to the illustration. "There. Do you see?"

As my laughter sounded in the park, she added, "I illustrated this year's program, and as I was going through my pictures from last year's event, I found some of you, and you were always smiling. I thought it was perfect for the cover." :-D

... Just in case you ever thought your smile doesn't have any power.

Thank you Magdalene Carson.

Happy Sunday <3



No comments:

Post a Comment